The Smithfield and Isle of Wight County Visitor Center, located at 319 Main Street in downtown Smithfield is now REOPENED. Our docents are ready to welcome you back and offer up-to-date information on all there is to see and do with us. We've taken great care to ensure that your visit with us is safe.
Here is a list of all that we (and our partners at the Arts Center @319) have done to keep you safe when you visit:
- We offer an automatic hand sanitizer in our lobby.
- We have a public restroom available that is cleaned throughout the day and disinfected daily. We're now using paper towels and the xcelerator automatic hand dryer has been disconnected. We will be installing automatic soap dispensers.
- The door between the gallery to the restrooms will remain open and we will be installing a "hands-free" kick down door opener to the two restrooms.
- Our docents and staff will be wearing safety masks and we have installed a sneeze guard at the docent desk.
- Our brochures in the racks are now numbered. Simply request any brochures you're interested in by number and our docent will hand it to you.
- We have removed the brochure holder kiosks that were in the lobby to give more space for social distancing.
- We will be limiting the number of people permitted into the Visitor Center. We ask that only 1-2 members per group enter at a time.
- Our hours are currently 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Staurday and 12 - 4 p.m. on Sunday.
We're so glad to welcome our visitors and locals back. Let's all stay safe together!