705 Cedar Street
Smithfield, VA 23430
- 04 December, 2021
- 10:00am - 04:00pm
- (757) 542 - 3109
- Category: Festivals/Parades - Guided Tours - Arts & Culture - Concerts/Live Performances - Lecture/Educational Program/Workshop - Party/Celebration - Family/Children - Holiday Event - Outdoors or Recreation - Community Event/Fundraiser
- Social: Facebook
Saturday, 29 January | Smithfield, VA
Colonial Christmas in Smithfield
Saturday, December 4 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Sunday, December 5 from noon until 4 p.m.
Christmas in Smithfield is offering a glimpse into a REAL Colonial Christmas at the Manor House at Windsor Castle. The 1750 Courthouse and Historic Christ Episcopal Church will be featured as well.
2021 Colonial Christmas in Smithfield Activities
Windsor Castle Manor House
Tour the Manor House and dependencies built in the 1750s at Windsor Castle Farm. Authentically costumed interpreters will guide you through a colonial manor house dressed in its finest for the Christmas holiday celebration!
Marvel at the Christmas decorations enhancing Windsor Castle for the holidays. Tap your toe (or maybe even join in a chorus) to delightful music of the period.
Visit the Colonial Christmas Market set up on the grounds. and enjoy the spirit of the holiday with a warm cider and ginger snaps.
Just like in days of old, hop on a hayride, and experience colonial reenactments. Talk with old sea captains about the life at sea and walk through a world of outdoor colonial life.
Children are welcome and can even participate in several colonial craft activities!
1750 Isle of Wight Courthouse
Tour the beautifully decorated 1750 Colonial Courthouse on Main Street with colonial garbed interpreters. Find out why Williamsburg used this courthouse as the best example of appropriate architecture when restoring its own. Catch some strolling carolers on Main Street and enjoy a cup of warming cider with a melt in your mouth cookie.
Christ Episcopal Church
Tour this historic church decorated for the season. Enjoy the music and wonder at the beautifully restored original TIFFANY windows.
• Stroll through the Smithfield Farmer’s Market on Saturday morning from 9-12:30.
• View exterior holiday season decorations of many of the historic homes on Church Street and Grace Street.
• Enjoy lunch or dinner in one of our many fine restaurants both in and outside of the historic district; and, of course,
• Shop at the ALWAYS interesting, eclectic and individually owned small businesses in the local area and Historic District!
• Climb into a horse drawn carriage for a leisurely ride through the historic downtown Smithfield. (Additional charge for carriage rides)
PRICES: $20 adults, $10 children 6 - 12.
Children under 6 are free.
Proceeds to the 1750 Isle of Wight Courthouse.
Lodging options in Smithfield are varied with five hotels and inns to choose from –
three within the Historic District. George Washington really did sleep in one of them!
$20 adults, $10 children under 12.
Manor House at Windsor Castle Park
December 05, 2021
12:00pm - 04:00pm