Don't miss this old-fashioned community event scheduled for the second Saturday in December along Main, North Mason and Grace Street in downtown Smithfield beginning at 10:30 a.m.
The parade theme for December 9 is Hamtown Holidays.
The Grand Marshall is Martha Ford Evans Jackson.
Applications available under the Photos, applications, menus tab.
Please review the parade policies and information below.
1. All children should be accompanied by an adult. If dropping off a child that is in a group at the lineup at 518 Main Street, you may use the lot at Main Street Baptist Church to park and walk your child across the street. This lot is for drop off only, not parking. The church has an event that same day and is unable to accommodate parking.
2. Please pre-arrange a location to meet your party after the parade.
3. Line up will be at the former Little’s Supermarket lot at 518 Main Street (next to the Schoolhouse Museum) and across from Main St. Baptist Church beginning at 8:30 a.m.
4. Parade ends on James Street near the VFW and Library.
5. You will be lined up upon arrival and in the order of arrival. Please do not arrive any earlier than 8:30 a.m., as you may be asked to move. The first row is reserved for Color Guard and Grand Marshall.
6. Please do not block line up area. If dropping off, please park offsite and walk child to their group. See #1.
7. No vehicles will be allowed into line up area if they are NOT in the parade. Please bring any decorations and other items you need with you when you line up, if someone is dropping off people or items, they will need to park elsewhere and walk into the line up location.
8. All entries must be in line by 10:00 a.m. You will be lined up in the order you arrive.
9. If you are part of a car club or motorcycle group, please arrive together if you would like to remain lined up as a group in the parade.
10. No Foul music/language permitted, please ensure music you plan to play is family appropriate.
11. Sorry, no horses.
12. For groups performing there is a 90 second time limit. Judges will be staged in front of the Smithfield Times. A time clock will also be on site at the performance area.
13. After the parade, judges will meet to determine winners and convene at the stage by the Smithfield Times to announce winners. Awards will be awarded to first place in each category. (Approx. 12:45 to 1:00 p.m.)
14. By participating in this event you and your entire group understand that you may not throw candy, paper, confetti, or any item. You may however, hand out items. *Throwing candy causes children to run out into the street causing a safety hazard. *Please relay to all persons in your group, failure to comply will result in omission from future events.
Line up at former Little’s Grocery lot (518 Main St.) across from Main Street Baptist Church. Turn left out of the lot and proceed to the 300 block of Main Street.
Follow Main St. then take Left on Mason St. (by Perfectly Natural Soap).
Next, take a Left on Grace St. then a Right on James St. and end by the VFW building and the Library.